My first Blogging Birth



Hello Fellow Readers!

I shall begin this blog with a slightly humorous photo I found on our beloved internet just to create a more comfortable setting for this blog I call my own personal journal of random thoughts.  This is my first ever attempt to begin something of a virtual site, which I presumably suck at since an anonymous old family member of mine once told me I never finish what I start. Heres to whoever said that and we shall see if its true or not! lol
A little bit about myself would be that I am 23 year old with an Art History & Fine Arts Degree from FIT in NYC. I love anything creative and spend most of my free time either exploring the city or watching funny clips on youtube. So as you continue reading this blog (whoever that may be) I will post up anything interesting or random I find, and it will give you the idea of what kind of person I really am. 
I began this blog only to start a mini project for myself since it all started when I set foot into the soils of China's famous capital called Beijing. 
Let me tell you the story. My main goal was to begin a journey in a new country after graduation. It was the typical Im going to give myself a break from the bullshit of college stress situation. I had it all set up with an internship at a publishing company as an illustrator and a part time job working as an english tutor for a language center. Sounds great right? It all changed drastically when I one day woke up with body aches and vertigo dragging me down onto my bed. At first I thought it was just a flu so I let it settle over night but then it grew worse when I wouldn't eat for three days and could not sleep due to breathing issues. Thus resulting in finding my answers to my condition in the Peking Hospital at Haidian District. 

Let me tell you, hospitals in Beijing are so hectic and nothing like i would have imagined. Coming from a native New Yorker, this is by far the biggest hot mess of a hospital Ive ever seen. Worse than a DMV and crazier than Times Square.  As I was walking through the crowds of yelling asians, I notice people pulling out number tickets and lines of shouting women in front of the gynecology department. It was a mall of medical chaos. Nurses were shooting stink faces at people and you could hear children running around screaming with parents trailing behind them. Little did I know that the doctors had decided that since I was not from the country, I should have went to the basement to the emergency room for faster results.
So fast forwarding through the goose chase the doctors had sent me around the entire hospital to take several radiology exams and blood tests, we finally came to a conclusion that I in fact had a rare heart disease called Myocarditis. 

(My reaction)

So what is this Myocarditis I speak about and what is the treatment? Well apparently its an irritation to the muscles of my heart and it caused some sort of nerve damage. Meaning: not good. The hospital wouldn't let me leave and I wasn't even aloud to hop on a flight back to NYC. They sent me back into the emergency room where they had ran out of beds for me, so I had to sleep 2 nights in a chair full of other ill people attached to an iv. Every couple hours a nurse would take my blood and make me expose my chest for them to attach a heart monitor to me. It was like a royal treatment in a spa (sarcastic tone intended). 
Nonetheless, I was finally granted a bed with a room. It wasn't the freaking plaza but it was safer than the germ infested room I was sleeping in for 2 nights. Doctors told me I had to not stress out, stay in bed, and heres the cherry on top; no working for half a year. 


It was like a HUGE pause button was jammed into my life and I was told not to live. I do not know if people feel like this, but if you are a recent grad then you may relate to the fact that reality forces you to find any professional experience there is. But since i was in the edge of it and ready to start something; I was told to stop. Im no workaholic, but I do like to move a  lot and since this condition requires me to not do anything stressful, thus began my internal mental journey in my so called boring beginning of 2015. 
Of course I had suggestions from my wonderful family and friends such as:

1. Write a book
2. Do some Art
3. Read a lot of books
4. Meditate
5. Watch a lot of Netflix
6. Sleep like the dead

and so on...


So its safe to say that I felt pretty useless without my jobs in a foreign country that Im not aloud to explore due to this condition. So what could a 23 yr old art grad possibly do in this dark time in her life? Hence, the blogging days begin! 

I felt it was my duty to maintain my mental health and curiosity of the creative world through any social outlet I have in the world. Youtube, Pinterest, Tumblr, Facebook, Instagram, and any other place. I will just record it on to this little diary/blog of mine not for anyone really, but for myself to keep distracted and busy for the time being. 
Time minimum? 6 months of no plans whatsoever, except for my utter amusement. Goals? Stay unstressed and still find meaning to this chapter in my life. Who knows, I believe things happen for a reason and for once in my life I am medically prescribed to chill the fuck out. My friends say that they're jealous and some are worried Ill be thrown into a pit of depression. So hopefully, I will take this chance to find any possible thing to do and you readers out there will get a chance to join me on "epic" self searching journey of mine! 
For the time being, I will be in my apartment in Beijing taking part in my mini project of aimlessness. 

xx Sarah Z



















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Sarahzhuartsx3@Gmail.com