Mundane Mondays



Mondays are always the most mundane (pun unintended) day for me. It still feels like a weekend but really its just the weekday slapping you in the face to tell you to wake the hell up its a new week. I know i shouldn't really complain since it makes no difference to me and Im not one of those trillions of people out there dragging themselves out of bed to go to work, but it feels like the worst weekday for me still. The only upside is that its a day closer to me getting better! 

But hoping to make your day better because it sure as hell made me roll on the floor laughing; check out this Jimmy Fallon show clip of my fav comedians lip syncing! I swear if this doesn't show a perfect 2015 comedy trio, i dont know what will. Will Farrell will always be one of my top favorite comedian kings. 




On to the rest of my day, I couldn't help but indulge in a little bit of web surfing and light reading. Not to switch the mood completely but today I was horrified to find out the news about a respected japanese journalist named Kenji Goto. 
I was casually rummaging the grocery shelves with my mom when I came across the ChinaDaily newspaper to find out that this innocent man was beheaded by the Islamic State (Terror Group) and nonetheless videotaped during this horrific scene. I cant help but question humanity at times and the world we live in. Can hate and power suddenly turn so ugly to the point that humans attack their own kind like that? 
I had heard about the news and even signed petitions and urged friends to sign it, so he could be freed and reunite with his family. But to find out this act of cruelty happened gives me such heartbreak and sadness for him, his family, and this place we call Earth. Its such a shame that people in the world all say they want 'peace' yet close minded people could take such cruel actions for their selfish reasons.  I will stop this small rant i have started but would like to give my condolences to his family & friends. Although im no expert about this man, I know that he was no different than me and any other person in the world. He was a human being with a heart and people who loved him; no one deserved the death he was unfairly given. 


To read more about it just click here: Kenji Goto


In other recent news, I have decided to do little reviews on movies/tv shows I am watching through these days. Todays lucky choice was the movie 'Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist' and I have got to say that this is one of my all time favorite teen rom-com so far. Instead of falling for the male lead, I was more hypnotized by my new girl crush Kat Denning! Ugh, those lips are to die for and I just want to be her new bff please. (no creepiness intended) If you want to fall deeper in love with her, I warn you that your heart may fall out but I recommend the show 2 Broke Girls. This show is by far my new favorite show since it is located in NYC, about being broke, has cupcakes, and the main characters are waitresses (which i have real life experience from waiting tables as an overnight waitress in NYC). It also helps that she is in the show :) I mean, come on...

Love her!

Fashion Update, I am swooning over Balenciaga & Alexander Wang's Spring 2015 Collection. I know im a little late here, but these designs are to die for! I am in fashion heaven and daydreaming that someday these pieces on my wish list will come to life in my closet. Wang is defiantly acing the crop tops and colorful patterns this spring, while Balenciaga has pinpointed the perfect balance of dark and light into the upcoming season collection. I cant wait to devour this through magazine reads and internet stalking. Although im no fashion expert, I do have my own style which I would love to share onto this blog. Lets take a stroll through these fantastical designs! 

Balenciaga
Alexander Wang


and to end the day with some inspiration imagery I found!














(Made a signature. Yay! Feeling pretty legit lol)






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Sarahzhuartsx3@Gmail.com